Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Music of the Soul(mate)...

So… I find my soul mate at last, only to discover that he died 144 years ago… sad huh? Well that little fact won’t stop us from being soul mates!! :)

His name’s Henry David Thoreau… a familiar name to all, I daresay...

I read his quotes extensively only recently and that is when I realized that in some previous birth, we were definitely together… :)

Just check out the stuff my sweetheart’s written.....!

‘The cost of a thing is the amount of what I call life which is required to be exchanged for it, immediately or in the long run’
(A simple fact really, but one we often overlook)

‘As you simplify your life, the laws of the universe will be simpler’
(Akin to my ‘Complex by default, Simple by Choice'... but so much better!)

‘In human intercourse the tragedy begins, not when there is misunderstanding about words, but when silence is not understood’
(nothing's as true as that)

‘Pursue some path, however narrow and crooked, in which you can walk with love and reverence’
(umm.. that is more or less what I keep trying to say na… :)

‘It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see’
(Just when you needed something deeper than ‘glass half full’)

‘The heart is forever inexperienced’
(Thank Heaven for small mercies... I’d rather it be that way)

'I know of no more encouraging fact than the unquestioned ability of a man to elevate his life by Conscious Endeavor'
(Exactly…!)

'If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away'
(That's So Comforting… :)

Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the Life you've imagined!'
(Here’s hoping we all do!)

And this one’s my all time favourite (quite predictably!)

'There is no remedy for Love but to Love more’

Ahh… he’s put that so well, it sounds like music! :)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi..
It feels good...really.

I love thoreau's ideas..wayoflife.. almost next to none.. actually more.. neway..

About the prev. blog.. "If only".. how did u know u HAD TO see that movie?

Ulalume said...

Hey Thanks... Glad you admire Thoreau as well!! I love him! ;)
About 'If Only'.. Well all i saw was a poster in the Library i rent DVDs from.. and somehow i knew i Had to watch it! Call it an instinct or whatever.. why do you ask though? Didn't you like the movie? :)

Anonymous said...

No.. I haven't watched that movie yet.. will do that soon.

About y I asked... I can't tell clearly..
your feelings towards such things sound very familiar to me.. and.. u express them clearly.. !

Go on! bye..

Ulalume said...

Thanks so much Vinay... 'Sound very familiar'.. wonder why's that... :)
Well i hope you like the movie...

V said...

"Sounds familiar..", because its nice to find people who agree with your thoughts.. :)

Saw the movie..yesterday. Amazing story..powerful.. I somehow felt it tells something similar ..to what The Alchemist says..

..I can't say its the best movie i'v seen. My best is: Life is Beautiful

Ulalume said...

oh vaise familiar.. i totally agree, Vinay! :)

Glad you liked 'If Only'!
Um, i guess it does emphasize (unconsciously?) on the 'Maktub' fund....

I haven't watched 'Life is Beautiful' yet... i will, though..
You know, one of the reasons 'If Only' is my fave is because, well, if i ever made a movie, it would be like this one.. :)