Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Love Anyway...

I know I’ve tried to justify the loss of faith and the lack of love; in this blog, and pretty much all the time. But it hurts me, when I see people who’ve lost faith; ones who are disillusioned. I wish it didn’t have to be this way. I wish it were easier to overcome disillusionment. I wish we could all find it in ourselves to keep believing, even if it means getting hurt sometimes.


I had read this piece of prose years back, and I love what it says. It expresses what I feel pretty well.

Check it out...


‘People are unreasonable, illogical and self-centered.
Love them anyway.
If you do good, people will accuse you of selfish, ulterior motives.
Do good anyway.
The good you do today will be forgotten tomorrow.
Do good anyway.
Honesty and frankness make you vulnerable.
Be honest and frank anyway.
What you spend years building may be destroyed overnight.
Build anyway.
People really need help but may attack if you help them.
Help people anyway.
Give the world the best you have and you might get kicked in the teeth.
Give the world the best you've got anyway…’

Admitted it's a bit generalized, but thats just to emphasize the point, i think... All in all, it makes a lot of sense. To me, at least... :)

And to put aside the apprehensions that a doubtful heart may still have…. one of my favourite quotes...

‘To love and win is the best thing. To love and lose, the next best...’
- William M. Thackeray :)

7 comments:

Prashant Das said...

Hmmm...
poignant, but thoughtful.
It reminds me of this...

"
...Love me most
When I deserve it the least
Coz, that is when
I need it the most...
"

Ulalume said...

Thanks Prashant... :)
nice one, that... One of my all time fave quote is by Mother Teresa.. it goes...
'I have found the paradox that if I love until it hurts, then there is no hurt, only more love...' :)

Anonymous said...

well i agree to the last quote..
But if things and people get on your nerves and you end up hurting yourself while ten other people are enjoying themselves at your expense...then what?? u still give/love/do good??
I agree to mister thackery and mother teresa tho...
but how many quotes actually work in the big bad world??!!

Ulalume said...

Well Supriya let me put it this way...
Standing up for yourself is as important as Loving people.. after all, you'll stand up for yourself only when you love yourself na... :)
When i say love people anyway, i mean that we should try and make allowances for human nature, try and be more tolerant to people, that if we want to do good, the fear of it not being recieved in the way we mean shouldn't stop us; just like the fear of rejection doesn't stop us from loving... :)
everybody needs to draw the line somewhere, and when they choose to do that is a very individual decision!
I wrote what i choose to follow.. maybe you're right, and it won't be possible in the 'big, bad, world'.. but i'm still willing to stick to it.. and cross the bridges when they come... it's worth a shot na... don't knock it till you try it!! :)

Anonymous said...

ofcourse i stick to it as well...or used to stick to it blindly..just little more alert now..
ps: its my lil girl is growing up phase ;)

Ani... said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ani... said...

I deleted the previous one, coz there was a factual error in it.. ;)

I wrote a poem on this (pretty childish one actually!). And another somewhat closely related (this one better.. :D but not by far). They're on my blog. Check them out if you will..

Darn.. I feel like I'm advertising for it..