Saturday, May 20, 2006

Love as I know it...

Of all the emotions, the one that intrigues me most of all is Love. In fact love is so much more than an emotion. Its a way of life. Almost like a religion, that all of us follow, whether we realize that or not. I've always felt we underestimate the power of Love, big time. Nothing, i feel, is better or sweeter, than two people loving each other. People spend their lives searching for the 'perfect' person. I don't believe in 'perfection' as an idea, though. 'perfect' is such a relative term. What is perfect for me can be weird for someone else. (Believe me, chances are it'll most certainly be weird for almost everybody, except me. ;) But how does it matter? What matters is you love. And keep Loving. And dream. And keep dreaming.

Of course its not always smooth sailing. You might get hurt, you might break your heart, you might screw up! But I'd say its worth taking the chance. Again, and again, and yet again.

May all of us be blessed with the fervour to Love.

Ok Enough mush for the day there. I must leave right now and read about crime and gore or i might throw up.... :)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

ah! love can be gory too.
in fact, the way you put it, it doesn't sound mushy at all.
:)

Anonymous said...

oh, and since you seem like a Richard Bach fan, here's a recommendation, "The bridge across forever". Quite insightful, though he becomes too psychic towards the end.

Ulalume said...

is that good or bad? not sounding mushy?? :) thanks anywayz!! and yup i'll definitely read that...

Anonymous said...

hi there!!,
U really write with all ur heart na!! Keep it up dear. It is good and more than that it is true...

From,
A member of the religion of love

Anonymous said...

Hi thr!!

You ve put it very well...i agree its worth a feeling however good or bad ur xperince maybe...

I feel its the only feeling if true,that overpowers ur mind to be selfless and give...even if u knw that probably u wont get nething in return...

I feel thts the way it should be...

Ulalume said...

@ Abha
Thanks Abha... i try :)

@ Antra
you're so right, Antra!! And ya, thanks... :)

Jules said...

God is Love and Love is God.