Friday, April 16, 2010

Birth of a Dream


It’s funny, how we grow up expecting some basic concrete certainties, how we take as given a few eventualities, and yet when they occur, we are thrown off guard, completely taken by surprise and left staggering and gobsmacked!

One such incident was when Dido became a mum. All of us knew that Anisha will come into the world in the first week of March. We were waiting, we were jubilant, and we were thrilled. But despite this, nothing had prepared me for the heart wrenching joy that I felt, when I held her in my arms for the first time. Nothing could explain the endless flow of my tears, the overwhelming wonder that I was drowning in, and the deep, inherent love that I felt for her.

Little did I know that this small bundle of impossible beauty that was sleeping in my arms, peacefully content, all of 2.8 kgs, would soon be ruling the house, and all our worlds, totally disrupting any order, method and discipline (or the lack thereof) that previously existed!

Everyone instantly had an opinion of who she looks like, what her gestures symbolized. Someone even declared what she was in the previous birth and in what circumstances she died. Not only that, everyone even started contemplating what she would grow up to be, and why, and who she would be like and how. It was as if her Janam Patri was being made in real time in an audio visual mode!

But I don’t see how all these things matter. I feel what really matters is that here we have a person, who is untainted with any prejudices whatsoever that all of us invariably get conditioned into having. She’s pure, she’s trusting, she’s amazing, and she’s ours. She is a symbol of hope for tomorrow, and a proof that love exists. And it doesn’t matter what she does, what she grows up to be or who she resembles..... What matters is that we’ll love her anyway, and love her immensely, and only hope that she learns to appreciate the simple things that really matter, like Hope and Faith and Love, and one day grows up to be the best she can be.. Nothing More, Nothing Less.

2 comments:

Antra said...

Awwwwwwwwwwww!! Nice one and so touching!!
Please continue writing!

Ulalume said...

Hey Thanks Antra! I will!
*hug*